Clicksor Review for Publishers
Over the years, Clicksor has changed a bit and our old revision has been irrelevant so far. This review was completely rewritten on April 9, 2016.
Contextual advertising network for publishers and advertisers.
Introduction to Clicksor
Clicksor has been around for the long term. Over the past few years, it has gone from obscurity to one of the most popular contextual advertising networks available today. If you want an alternative to Google AdSense , Clicksor is worth looking at.
The ad network works by placing ads on a site that are considered relevant to the content on the site. Your automated systems display these relevant ads in an effort to encourage more users to click.
Advertisers register and pay Clicksor to show their ads on relevant sites. Publishers, on the other hand, earn a small commission every time one of these ads is clicked on your website.
The problem with alternative contextual ad networks, including Clicksor, is Google AdSense . These small networks simply can not compete with Google. The limited number of advertisers using these services means that the relevance of the ads is often poor.
With that said, Clicksor is still one of your best options. Despite being plagued by criticism in the past, the sister site of Toronto-based YesUp Media Inc. has improved by leaps and bounds over the past two years. Unlike many companies, they really addressed the concerns of customers to provide better service than ever before.
Simply put, there is a reason why Clicksor is so popular . And that’s why the company is dedicated to providing its many customers around the world with the best contextual ad network possible.
Regardless of your reasons for looking for an alternative to Google AdSense , there’s no denying that Clicksor will help you increase your advertising profit
Overall Rating: 4 of 5
- What we like: fast registration and approval, fast payments (Net-15), wide selection of ads, excellent customer service.
- What we do not like: ad history with malware (note: Clicksor has recently upgraded its ad scan system to reduce / eliminate this problem), complicated user interface.
- Publisher Terms: http://www.clicksor.com/publisher-agreement
- Minimum traffic: None.
- Publisher language requirement: None.
- Accepted sites: Most sites are excluded as long as all content and activities are legal. Types of content that are banned include pornography, zoos, defamatory and defamatory websites, gratuitous violence, hate, spam, piracy, warez, illegal activities and under construction. Any other content that the public considers inappropriate is also prohibited.
Advertisers and Offers
- Types of advertising : display.
- Offer types : CPC, CPI, CPM, CPV.
- Vertical : everything.
- Network size : Unknown.
- Publisher Sampling : Unknown.
Clicksor Tech Implementation Rating: 3.5 out of 5
- Creating an ad unit: Much better than it was, setting up an ad with Clicksor is still a bit difficult.
The Clicksor user interface takes some time to get accustomed to. Once you’ve overcome the small learning curve, you can easily create new ads.
The first step is to select Normal Setup or Premium Setup. Regular setup is the most popular option. This gives you the option of selecting layer banners, page banners, online text ads, pop-under ads or interstitial ads.
Find out what you want and click “Get Code.” Numerous customization options follow. The variety of these options is one of Clicksor’s best features.
- Available ad unit sizes : 468 × 60, 728 × 90, 120 × 600, 160 × 600, 125 × 125, 120 × 240, 300 × 250, 250X250, 336X280, 180X150, 300X50, 216X36, 168X28, 120X20 , 390X95, pop-under ads, interstitials, online text.
- Compatible with Google AdSense : Yes.
- Available mobile ad units : Yes.
- WordPress Plugin Available : Yes.
Publisher report and admin control panel
Clicksor Editor Reporting & Admin Control Panel Rating: 4 out of 5.
- Control Panel: The Clicksor control panel takes some time to get accustomed to. It is not as intuitive as most, but it does require a short learning curve. After spending a few minutes with it, it is easy to use effectively.
Creating new ad units is particularly easy. The process is simple, straightforward and takes only a few minutes to complete.
The Clicksor control panel has tabs for “My Account,” “Ad Settings,” “Reports,” and “Support.” This makes it easy to search for the information you are looking for.
- Reporting: Clicksor reporting is one of the best features of the service. You can view daily reports, broken down by various categories, including per site and ad zone. This allows you to identify your best performing zones.
You can select any time period in the Clicksor report. You can view the requested statistics in CPC, CPM, CPV, or CPI. You also have the option of displaying them all at once.
- Control Panel URL : http://admin.clicksor.com/publisher/index.php
Form of payment
Clicksor payment rating: 4 of 5.
- Sharing the publisher’s revenue: Clicksor states that this is somewhere between 60% and “up to 85%”. In our experience, it is closer to 60% to 70%. While this is competitive in the industry, we always prefer a service (such as Google AdSense) that specifically states the publisher’s revenue share.
- Payment methods available: Check, PayPal, Bank transfer
- Payment Terms: Net-15 Programming.
- Minimum payment limit: $ 50.
Clicksor Account Help Rating: 5 out of 5.
- Knowledge Base URL: http://support.yesup.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase
- Manager of personal account: no .
- Easy-to- use support : Contact Clicksor 24/7/365 at 1-866-708-1666 or 1-416-499-8009. Live chat support and email support are also available.
Solid customer support is one of the best things about using Clicksor. Although they do not provide personal account managers, it is very easy to get in touch with a friendly and knowledgeable support representative.
Live chat is our favorite way to communicate with Clicksor support. It is available 24 hours a day and is discreet. Visit the site and you’ll see the chat box available in the lower left corner of the page.
Although Clicksor does not provide an extensive knowledge base, they do have some information that covers the basics. The FAQ answers basic questions. It is a good place to start new searches if you are still not sure if this service is or is not for you.
Clicksor Editor Review
We have been using Clicksor extensively in recent years. During this time, we saw the service grow by leaps and bounds.
We want to say two things for this. First, and most importantly, the actual service itself improved drastically. It seems that Clicksor has heard criticism and taken customer complaints to heart. New changes have corrected most of the previous problems. Clicksor is no better than ever, and now it’s one of the best online ad networks.
The second thing we want to say is that Clicksor has become one of the most popular alternative choices for Google AdSense. If you do not qualify for AdSense or simply want to use another program next to it, the company has covered it. Thousands of people around the world are using Clicksor happily.
Clicksor’s popularity means that it has a huge list of publishers and advertisers. Although not as long as that of Google, it is much more impressive than the vast majority of other alternative ad networks. Clicksor is able to provide a 100% fill rate and a high click through rate.
Multiple ad formats are available for publishers to choose from. The wide variety of options is enjoyable as it allows you to customize your approach. Contextual targeting is used to deliver relevant ads to visitors. This results directly in maximum benefits for both Clicksor and advertisers.
Subscribing to Clicksor is simple. Fill in the short registration form and submit it. There are no minimum traffic requirements. Almost all sites will be approved except those with illegal or inappropriate content. Clicksor also accepts subdomain sites.
Creating an ad with Clicksor is equally simple. Start by choosing from 4 different ad formats. These are text ads, banners, intersitital ads, and pop-under ads. Each type of ad benefits from a different type of site.
While the overall control panel is not the most attractive, it does the job. As we mentioned above, it’s a bit tricky to figure out, but once you do, you’re clear. It’s easy to find all the information you need, thanks to labeled guides.
As we also mentioned above, Clicksor customer service is top notch. Phone, email and chat support are available 24 hours a week, 7 days a week. In our experience, each Clicksor representative was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Our questions were answered correctly in record time.
Finally, it is very important to note that this is a recent review (2016) by Clicksor. Online reviews of past years (specifically before 2014) tend to stem the fact that malware used to pass Clicksor ads. Fortunately, the company concluded that this issue was a priority. It is no longer a problem. The updated scanning system solved the malware problem.
Pros to use Clicksor
Clicksor professionals are numerous. They include your fast sign up and approval, fast payment, wide selection of ads and excellent customer support. We analyze each of these professionals in more detail below:
- Quick registration and approval: Fill out the short registration form – that’s all it takes to enroll in Clicksor. You will receive an approval email soon after if you qualify. Open this approval email and click the activation link.
Clicksor employs a 24/7 support team that monitors the application and approval process. When we reviewed the service, our account was approved in less than an hour.
- Fast Payment – Receiving payments with Clicksor is faster than most. They use a network-15 timeline.
- Wide selection of ads – Clicksor pulls with many different advertising options. These include layer banners, inbound banners, online text ads, pop-under ads and intersitital ads. These ads are available in a variety of sizes and can be customized to your preferences.
- Excellent Customer Service – We have addressed this several times but it is worth mentioning again: Clicksor customer service is top notch. It is available 24/7/365 by phone, email or live chat.
Cons of Clicksor use
Like any service, Clicksor comes with some cons. However, as the staff showed with problems in the past, they really care about fixing this.
Perhaps the biggest problem with Clicksor is its history. Most customer feedback from 2014 highlights problems with malware errors. It seems that Clicksor does not have a robust ad-scanning system, allowing malware to occur. In fact, our first experience with Clicksor in early 2014 was less than stellar, just for that reason.
However, our extensive testing eliminated any need to worry. Clicksor has updated its ad scan process to eliminate spam, malware, and unscrupulous sites from using your service. You can be sure that your computer will be safe when you use Clicksor.
In addition to its past reputation, the only con to use Clicksor is its awkward interface. The design simply does not stack with much of the competition. Luckily though, the interface is easy to get a bit of experience. It is more a slight inconvenience than a real obstacle.
So what’s the verdict? How does Clicksor stack against the competition? In short, we firmly believe that this is one of the best contextual advertising alternatives to Google AdSense.
The benefits of using Clicksor are numerous. High approval rates, fast payout and a variety of ad options are just the tip of the iceberg. After a small initial learning curve, you can effectively use this service to improve your earnings.
Of course, Clicksor’s past has made some users hesitant to use them. Like any ad network, the occasionally somber advertiser may escape, but Clicksor is doing everything it can to prevent this. And they are doing a good job. They are currently one of the most secure ad networks available.
We are losing the future because we are almost certain that Clicksor will continue to improve. And just like that, your already impressive user base will surely grow.
We recommend that you check Clicksor and your contextual advertising network if you are looking for alternatives to Google AdSense. At the very least, it pays to test for yourself on your site.